Many people think that joining the anti-trafficking movement is like taking on a full-time job. Not so! Whether you’re a student, a stay-at-home mom, or a busy professional, you have gifts and talents that can be put to use in the fight against sex trafficking. Out of Darkness is committed to working with you to find the right fit based on your interests and availability. Below are just a few ways you can join us. Email firstname.lastname@example.org to begin!
- Believing in the need for fervent prayer to undergird all that Out of Darkness does, this team commits to praying for needs as they arise as well as praying for the Lord’s leading and protection over our organization and the women we serve.
- Urgent requests for prayer will go out when a rescue is in preparation or process.
- Join in periodic prayer gatherings and on prayer drives through vulnerable communities and areas where trafficking occurs.
Jail Outreach (men and women, recommended for 21 and over)
- Meet regularly with a woman incarcerated on prostitution related charges.
- Share love and compassion as you encourage her toward new life, free from addiction and exploitation.
- Explain the work of OOD and how we can help her toward this new beginning.
Medical Outreach Team
- Educate staff in clinics, emergency rooms, crisis pregnancy centers, EMTs and other facilities on how to identify victims of trafficking and utilize available resources.
- Provide materials these facilities can post to raise awareness.
Rescuers and Hotline Responders (21 and older)
- Responders (women only): Receive calls from women via the call hosting service (protecting personal phone numbers), talk with them about their situations, and offer encouragement and information on options available to them outside of the sex industry.
- Rescuers (men and women): Participate in rescues and transportation to a safe house for women desiring a recovery program.
- Complete the Rescue and Responders Training, submit the Volunteer Application, and pass a background check.
Solomon House/Mentor Program (women only – 21 and older)
- Come alongside a woman at a pivotal time in her healing. Realizing that most have known only distrust and broken promises, be a consistent and loving friend who will walk with her during recovery.
- Assist during their 10-15 day stay at Solomon House. Take a woman to appointments, to lunch, or stay at the house and do crafts or bible studies. There are many ways to bless the women during this phase!
- Required trainings will be provided that will better equip you to serve, such as the Solomon House Training and the main Out of Darkness Training.
- Application process and background check required, as well as some required reading.
- Arrange speaking engagements for Out of Darkness (churches, schools, civic groups, etc.)
- Represent Out of Darkness at events.
- Work on the front lines of awareness-raising.
- Fundraising projects
To request more information or to get involved, email email@example.com.